When it comes to shaving you will need to determine if you would like to use shaving cream or if you would like to use soap. Anyone that shaves can tell you that there are certainly positives and negatives to each of these. However, this post will explain why it may be better to use shaving cream over shaving soap in the end.
• You will see that you are using soap but it is in a different form when you use shaving cream. Therefore, using shaving cream can be much faster for you.
• Lathering soap in order to shave can be tricky. So, if you are just starting out with shaving you will want to consider using shaving cream because it will already be lathered for you and you will not have to be a pro at this.
• This can be safer for you as well when you are new to shaving. You are going to get a much slicker shave and you will decrease the chances of hurting yourself.
Now, here are a few reasons you would want to use shaving soap over the cream:
• You could save money because you will find that shaving soap will last longer for you.
• It is more traditional and part of the shaving experience.
• The shaving soaps will have a longer shelf life as shaving creams tend to expired much faster.
So, what do you need to get a great shave?
1. A bathroom
2. Shaving brush
3. Shaving mug
4. A great shaving cream
Six Steps for Shaving Cream
1. Make sure that your area is clean and ready to go. Run the water so that it gets nice and hot. Then, fill your sink half full. Be sure that you have enough water to put your brush in it.2. The lather that you get is going to depend on just how wet the brush is. You have to let the brush soak so that the bristles will soften.3. Be sure that you are getting your beard soak and wet. This makes the hair easier to cut. You can also get a warm towel and place it on your face to get your beard ready to shave.4. Put enough shaving cream on your brush to cover the small bristles.5. Place your brush in your shaving mug and then begin whipping it. You may need to add some water. The goal is to make it look like whip cream with very stiff peaks.6. Use your brush to massage the shaving cream onto your face. Go in small, tight circles to ensure that your skin is completely lubricated.
In the end, you will certainly need to take some time to find the shaving cream that works the best for you. It is important to remember that everyone is different and some creams will work better than other based on your skin type. It is always a good idea to spend some time trying different shaving creams until you find the one that you like the best.